Your privacy is important
The kinds of personal information
We collect and holdWe collect and hold personal information about users of Our Platform and persons whose information is uploaded onto the Platform by any person, business, company, or organization (You, Yourself, You're) who has access to, or uses, the Platform (Platform Users).
The kinds of personal information We collect and hold may include Your name, email address, residential address and other contact details, correspondence You send to Us, billing information, and information obtained when You use the Platform, including without limitation:
- Your username and password;
- Your age and gender;
- Your activities on the Platform, including information that You or other Platform Users upload, publish, post, or otherwise make available on the Platform (Post, Posting, and Posted), web pages and advertisements on the Platform that You view, hyperlinks on the Platform that You click on and search queries that You conduct on the Platform; and
When You use the Platform or other Platform Users use the Platform and Post information about You on the Platform, We may also collect information or an opinion about Your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious beliefs, or affiliations, philosophical beliefs, membership of a professional or trade association, membership of a trade union, sexual orientation or practices, criminal record, and health information (i.e. sensitive information).
Manner and purpose of collection of personal information
We will generally collect personal information about You by way of collecting information You or other Platform Users Post on the Platform, forms and other documents or information provided to Us by You (including online), correspondence You provide to Us, and any discussions We have with You.
We may also collect personal information about You from third parties. For example, We may collect personal information about You from service providers, related entities, business partners, and other third parties, including, without limitation, third parties handling Platform support inquiries or providing payment processing or marketing services.
We will only collect, hold and use personal information (except sensitive information, see below) for the following purposes unless otherwise required or permitted by law or expressly approved by You:
- to enable Us to conduct and improve Our business, including monitoring and profile who is accessing and using the Platform and making information that You Post on the Platform available for viewing by other Platform Users;
- to communicate with You, provide customer support to You (including trouble-shooting), and/or seek or receive feedback from You regarding the Platform and any other services or support We provide to You from time to time;
- to carry out marketing initiatives and analysis, including without limitation by providing You with marketing materials in relation to the Platform, Our service offerings from time to time, and Our other functions and activities via any medium including mail, telephone, and email;
- to manage the payment and recovery of any amounts payable to Us by You;
- for other purposes which are reasonably necessary in connection with Our ordinary functions and activities.
We will only use sensitive information for the purposes for which it was provided or for a purpose directly related to such purpose unless You agree otherwise or the use of such sensitive information is required or authorized by law.
If We are unable to collect personal information relating to You, We may be unable to provide You with access to the Platform or otherwise continue Our relationship with You.
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
We may disclose personal information about You to the following types of entities if required in connection with the purposes listed above:
- other Platform Users;
- Our associates and related entities and other third parties who provide Us with services in connection with Our business or the Platform generally;
- any industry body, tribunal or court, or otherwise in connection with any complaint made by You about Us; and
- any entity involved in a transfer of all or part of Our assets or businesses; and
- other entities with Your consent or as permitted or required by law.
Information You Post on the Platform will be made available to other Platform Users (including users located overseas). By using the Platform, You consent to the disclosure of Your information to other Platform Users (including those located overseas).
How We hold personal information
We hold personal information in paper form and electronic form. We have in place steps to protect the information We hold from misuse, interference, and loss and from unauthorized access, modification, or disclosure. For example, only authorized employees and service providers are provided with access to personal information that has been provided to Us for purposes other than for Posting such information on the Platform (e.g. Your Platform account password).
How to obtain access to Your personal information
You may obtain access to personal information which We hold about You by contacting Us using the contact details set out below. When You request copies of Your personal information held by Us, We will endeavor to provide You with such personal information as soon as reasonably practicable.
We may charge You a fee in relation to identifying and providing access to Your personal information on a per-request basis. We may require You to verify Your identity and specify what information You require before completing a request for access. There may be occasions when access to personal information We hold about You is denied. Such occasions would include where the release of the information would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others.
Accuracy and completeness of personal information
While We will endeavor to ensure that the personal information collected from You is up-to-date, accurate, and complete, We will assume that any personal information provided by You is free from errors and omissions. You may request that We update or vary the personal information that We hold about You using the contact details set out below.
Lawful basis for EU & UK residents
The General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (GDPR) and the United Kingdom’s Data Protection Act 2018 (UK GDPR) require a “lawful basis” to collect any personal information of people in the European Union and the United Kingdom. We collect personal information on a number of lawful bases in respect of the GDPR and the UK GDPR, including without limitation:
- consent: where relevant, if You provide Us with Your personal information voluntarily and with Your express consent;
- legal compliance: where relevant, We collect and use personal information in order to comply with Our legal obligations.
Specific rights for EU and UK residents only
If You are in the EU or the UK, then You have additional rights which apply in specific circumstances, such as:
- withdrawing Your consent for Us to process Your personal information without affecting the lawfulness of processing, provided this processing was based on Your consent before the withdrawal;
- asking Us to confirm if We are using Your personal information;
- asking Us to delete Your personal information in certain circumstances, provided it is not necessary for Us to process Your personal information for the purposes for which it was collected, where We are required by law to retain the information, or where the information is relevant to a legal dispute;
- asking Us to stop or restrict how We process Your personal information in limited circumstances only and not when We are required to process the information to carry out Our day-to-day business functions or where We have compelling legitimate grounds for processing the information; and
- asking Us about the protections that We have in place if We transfer Your personal information overseas.
How to make a complaint about a breach of Your privacy rights
If You are of the view We have breached the Australian Privacy Principles or any related privacy code in dealing with Your personal information, You may make a complaint by writing to Us using the contact details set out below and We will endeavor to provide You with confirmation as to how We propose to deal with the complaint as soon as reasonably practicable.
If You are not satisfied with Our response to Your complaint, You may make a complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner by visiting the following website and following the relevant steps: http://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/privacy-complaints.
Direct marketing communications
From time to time We may use Your personal information (except sensitive information) to provide You with marketing materials in relation to the Platform, Our business, or Our service offerings from time to time. If You would not like to receive direct marketing materials from Us, You may notify Us using the contact details set out below.
Cookies and other website-related information
Links to external websites
Information about others
Before Posting any personal information about another person to the Platform, or otherwise providing personal information to Us, You must obtain that person’s consent to do so. If that person is under the age of 15 years, You must obtain the consent of that person’s parent or guardian. Unless We are notified otherwise, We will assume that all information about another person that You Post on the Platform, or otherwise provide to Us, has been posted or provided to Us with that person’s consent or, where that person is under the age of 15 years, the consent of that person’s parent or guardian.
Information about children
If We become aware that we have obtained information about a person under the age of 15 without the consent of a parent or guardian of that person, We will remove that information from the Platform and destroy all records of the information that We hold. If You believe that information about a person under the age of 15 years is available on the Platform, or that We otherwise hold such information, without the consent of a parent or guardian of that person, You can notify Us using the contact details set out below.
Variation of policy
Please direct all complaints, requests, and queries in relation to Your privacy to Privacy Officer, 1N 1st Street, Level 6, Phoenix, AZ 85004, firstname.lastname@example.org